Full time travel agent who will coordinate travel for government and corporate accounts. Assists the program managers as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
• Answer calls and emails promptly from clients who are requesting new travel arrangements or changes to existing itineraries and provide prompt customer service.
• Book and issue airline, hotel, car and other tour reservations through our GDS system, accurately and efficiently.
• Maintain sufficient account knowledge to assist clients without delay.
• Check queue’s daily to ensure accuracy and that all issued tickets are complete.
• Communicate effectively with other agents or team members to solve problems and gather information.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients.
• Research complex travel rules and regulations for each client.
• Research and handle traveler complaints.
• Follow Duluth Travel approved work process.
• Keeps management promptly and fully informed of all operational matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests courses of action which may be taken.
• Handles all follow-up communications with customer/clients to determine best possible solution for problems. Escalates problems to supervisor if agent does not have solution to problem.
• 3 years GDS experience
• Travel Agency booking expertise
• Government travel-booking expertise
• Proficient with MS Office products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as travel rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals
• Thorough knowledge of the Federal Travel Regulations (FTR), ADS, and Open Skies policy Fly America and GSA regulations are also a requirement
• Knowledge of Government per diems
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong diligence and follow- up
• Knowledge of Approved TA’s (Travel Authorizations) and Vouchers
NOTE: This job description is subject to change and/or revision based on the growth of the company, customer mix
and other business-related factors.
Duluth Travel believes in equal opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Our EEO-Policy is the Law Poster and Supplement and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision reaffirms this commitment.
Duluth Travel is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability so that an individual can perform job-related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact our HR Manager at 770-308-7061.